PHILADELPHIA – On the Democratic National Convention floor, some delegates are redefining what it means to wear the red, white, and blue. Here are 10 of our favorite looks:
10. When your buttons can do the talking
Gloria from North Carolina wears a clean patriotic look complete with more than 10 campaign buttons. Her favorite ones? “African Americans for Hillary” and “Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman”
9. When you just want to get out the vote
Deborah from South Carolina is no DNC rookie. This is her third convention and she came prepared to get out the vote – with her socks. She brought a fresh pair for each day.
8. When you are trying to ‘hatch’ a revolution
This is Hillary from Florida – she’s for Bernie. She is wearing a bird on her hat because it is a symbol for Bernie Sanders and the moment a bird landed his podium. She added some eggs because she says Bernie supporters are “hatching a revolution.”
7. When you love cowboy hats but want everyone to know you are from Florida
Dianne from Florida added gators and palm tree to her cowboy hat so people wouldn’t wrongly assume she was from Texas. And the donkey earrings? Her husband bought them for her.
6. When you are delegates for different candidates but you are still united
These two long-time friends from Illinois are split – one is a Clinton delegate and the other a Sanders delegate. But, they proudly show their unity with matching Democratic bedazzled donkey hats.
5. When you want your patriotism to shine through
Lavon from Florida called on her crafty neighbor to help make her hat. This is actually the third convention that her neighbor has designed her hat.
4. When you know the right people
Sakina from Nevada had the hook up from one of Michael Jackson’s designers, Wan Ali. He personally designed her a Hillary 2016 hat.
3. When you a know a matching hat completes your look
Bishop Rodney McFarland from Louisiana complements his stars and stripes blazer with a donkey-Hillary hat he made himself.
2. When you seriously FEEL THE BERN
Sanjay from Florida was seriously feeling the Bern – he cut 150 individual holes into his blazer, and then put grommets and LED lights in them. It took him 3 days to make.
1. When you have mad art skills and are #ImWithHer
This floor whip donned an instantly-classic hand-made Hillary blazer.
What was your favorite look from the DNC? Share your thoughts in the comments below!