After Super Bowl Sunday, many of us are probably feeling sluggish from the parties, drinks (even soda!) and excess food. Indulging from time to time is okay. I give you permission; it’s called living life. I see so many people who have a bad weekend of eating poorly, and then get down on themselves, when they shouldn’t! They should just enjoy their cheats, no guilt, then keep moving forward. Below are 10 tips to get you back on track on the healthy eating train!
1. Start now. Right now! Immediately.
2. Drink water like it’s your job. How much water are you drinking? Are you drinking enough?
In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh.
3. Plan your meals. Meal prep is key to helping you eat healthy!
4. Eat! Don’t make up for overeating by not eating. Starvation will not help! Make sure you are eating enough, and are eating every 2 to 3 hours.
5. Revisit your food journal and repeat a good week. Write it down, what you eat and drink. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to track your food, drinks and exercise.
6.Remind yourself how far you’ve come. When you feel like giving up, look back and see how far you’ve come.- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
7. Move. Get your sweat on. Even if you only have time for a quick full body circuit at home do that! Or run 15 minutes, run around the block. Doing something is better than nothing.
8. Don’t let a bad weekend turn into a bad month.
9. Veggies are your friends. Roast them, steam them, eat them raw, or add them in your smoothies.
10.Repeat this tomorrow!
I am a wife & mom of 2. I am passionate about health, fitness and living a balanced life. I love spending time with my family and setting new goals for myself. I live in Salt Lake City. I am a 2 star diamond coach at Beachbody.